Prep Time: 60+ Minutes
Number of Servings: 2
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 jalapeno pepper
2 Tablespoon honey
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 Pound skirt steak
2 Tablespoon Organic Olive Oil
1 Poblano Pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow onion
4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1/2 Cup cilantro
4 lime wedges
1 sour cream
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large reseal able plastic bag. Add the steaks and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade and wipe off the excess.
3. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest while you cook the onions and peppers.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
5. Add the poblano, red bell pepper, and onion and saute until tender and softened.
6. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove to a bowl.
7. Cut the steak across the grain into thin 1/2-inch strips.
8. Arrange on a large platter with the vegetables, cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream and a small bowl of salsa.
9. Serve and let everyone build their own fajitas and enjoy.