Chicken with Rice
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 2
2 Pound Chicken (breast, thigh, leg)
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon butter
1 yellow onion
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 3/4 Cup water
1/4 Cup Scallions
1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley
1. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper on both sides of your chicken.
2. Cook your chicken on the grill, in the oven or on the stove top.
3. Meanwhile Cook the butter and onions over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and toss until all of the grains are coated with the butter.
5. Add the water and the rest of the salt (1 1/2 tsp.), cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and allow to sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the scallions and parsley, fluff with a fork, and serve.