Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 60+ Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
6 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup olive oil
3 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
5 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
8 Tablespoon butter
2 yellow onion
3/4 Cup flour
1/4 Cup heavy cream
2 Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1/2 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
3 Cup Organic White Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Redmond salt
1 Teaspoon baking powder
2 Organic Butter
2/3 Cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a baking dish, place the chicken breasts and pour olive oil over chicken until coated.
3. Put some salt and pepper over the chicken and place in the oven to cook for 25-35 minutes, or until they are cooked.
4. When they have cooled off cut into pieces. (*If you are in a hurry and
don't have enough time to cook up chicken then purchase two roasted chickens from the store and pull chicken from the bones instead.)
5. In a large pot heat butter until melted. Once melted, add onions and cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the 3/4 cup white flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook for a few more minutes until mixture has become thick.
7. Add 3 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon ground pepper, heavy cream and stir together.
8. Add the chicken frozen veggies, parsley and mix well.
9. For the crust, mix the 3 cups of white flour, salt and baking powder in the food processor with a metal blade.
10. Add butter and pulse until the butter is about the size of peas. With the food processor running, add the ice water and process until the mixture forms dough.
11. Place the dough on a floured surface and form into a ball. Place in
plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
12. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With (2) 13x9-inch glass baking dishes, divide the chicken mixture between the two.
13. Divide the dough mixture into two and roll out to fit over the baking dishes.
14. Press the dough to make sure it sticks to the sides of the glass dishes. Brush the dough with the egg mixture and make some slits on top.
15. Put some salt and pepper on top of the dough and place the glass dish on a baking sheet so if it spills over while baking.
16. Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.