Brown Rice Crispy Treats
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 9
1/3 Cup peanut butter
1/3 Cup honey
3 Cup Brown Rice Crispy Cereal
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Put your peanut butter, honey, and vanilla into a small sauce pan and heat over a low heat until the mixture becomes warm and syrupy... this will only take a few minutes.
2. In a big bowl, pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and combine until all of the rice crispies are evenly coated (you may have to work it a little).
3. Transfer crispies into an 8x8-baking dish (like a Pyrex) that has been lightly coated organic coconut oil.
4. Pat them down and make them nice and even, place in the fridge about an hour or so, then cut 'em up and enjoy!
5. If you want to add chocolate you have two choices:
Option #1: After you have combined your cereal and your peanut butter mixture, stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Now, you want to be sure that the peanut butter mixture is not piping hot and has had a few minutes to drop in temperature, because if it is too hot, the chips will melt and look "not so pretty."
Once the chips are stirred in, place into a pyrex and chill.
Option #2: Once you have chilled your rice crispy treats for about a half hour or so, take a 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips (I melt mine in a doubler boiler but you can do a microwave as well) and pour them over the top of the crispies. Spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the crispies.
Pop them back in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set before cutting.