Black Bean Brownies
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 16
3/4 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
2 Teaspoon Instant Coffee
1 Can black beans
3/4 Cup water
1/2 Cup honey
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup walnuts
3/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Pinch Coconut Oil
Pre heat oven to 350
Brush and 8x8 brownie pan with oil and set aside.
1. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and instant coffee.
2. Blend rinsed beans in a blender with the water. Pour the bean puree in a separate medium bowl and add honey and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Stir in the nuts and the chips and stir again.
4. Pour mixture into greased pan and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes up clean.
5. Allow brownies to cool before serving.