Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 4
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion
3 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
2 Can black beans
1 Can tomato
2 Cup vegetable broth
2 Teaspoon Redmond salt
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1 Pinch Fresh Chives
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium.
2. Add onion and garlic, and cook 6-8 minutes, until it begins to brown.
3. Stir in cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
4. Add black beans, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and cilantro.
5. Bring to a boil, and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Transfer 1 c to a blender, and process until smooth.
7. Stir back into soup.
8. Remove from heat, and serve topped with feta and chives.
9. You can serve this with some cooked hamburger in the soup or a steak or chicken on the side for your meal.