Prep Time: 60+ Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
2 Pound ground beef
2 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
15 Ounce ricotta cheese
1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
1 26 Ounce Tomatoe Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup water
9 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, the parsley and egg until well blended; set aside.
3. Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Pour 1 cup of water into empty sauce jar; cover and shake well. Add to skillet; stir until well blended.
4. Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce onto bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup of the meat sauce.
5. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining 3 noodles and the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with greased foil.
6. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting to serve.