Prep Time: 60+ Minutes
Number of Servings: 4
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 white onion
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
5 Cup vegetable broth
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 Teaspoon Redmond salt
2 Cup Corn
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large sauce, pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onions, and cook 10 minutes, until beginning to brown.
3. Stir in cayenne and potatoes, and cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add vegetable broth, sour cream and salt, stirring well. Cook 20 minutes.
5. With a potato masher, lightly mash about half the potatoes, to create a thicker broth. Cook an additional 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
6. Stir in corn and cheddar, and cook 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with scallions and additional sour cream, if desired.
8. You can serve this with a steak, chicken or fish for added protein to your meal.