Chicken and Green Beans with Almonds
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 2
2 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoon White Wine
2 Teaspoon olive oil
1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Cup green beans
1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Almonds
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1. To make the chicken, heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a glass baking dish. Saute white wine, chopped shallots, 1 tsp. olive oil, and cinnamon together until tender; transfer to blender or food processor and puree.
3. Spoon over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked though, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the beans, steam or blanch beans until tender but still firm and bright green.
5. Saute shallots in remaining 1 tsp. olive oil, vinegar until combined and warmed.
6. Add almonds and brown slightly; toss with beans.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Serve alongside chicken.