Basic Egg Casserole
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
1 Pound Chicken Sausage
1/2 Cup shallot
4 Tablespoon parsley
1 Cup Half & Half
1 Cup mozzarella grated cheese
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Slice butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
2. Sautee sausage in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat until sausage is cooked through or brown. Break up the sausage more if needed with your spatula, cook for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add Shallots, garlic and 2 Tbsp. parsley and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Spread sausage mixture into the prepared dish. (You can make this 1-day ahead, just cover and refrigerate.)
5. Whisk half & half, eggs and salt together. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix.
6. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2 Tbsp. parsley.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes, until top of casserole is golden brown and center is no longer loose. Let it stand 5 minutes before serving!