Chocolate Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 60+ Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
1 black beans
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 Teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup honey
6 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Spread round baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
3. Drain and rinse beans in a strainer. Shake off excess water.
4. Place beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, 1 tsp. honey and salt into blender (or vitamix). Blend on high until beans are completely liquefied. No lumps!
5. Whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
6. Beat butter with honey until light and fluffy. Add remaining two eggs, beating for a minute after each addition.
7. Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix.
8. Finally, stir in coca powder and beat the batter on high for one minute until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top.
9. Grip pan firmly by the edges and rap it on the counter a few times to pop any air bubbles.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when the top is rounded and firm to the touch.
11. After 10 minutes, turn out cake from pan, and flip over again on to a cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temp, then cover.
For BEST flavor, let cake sit over night. There will not be a hint of beaniness after letting it sit for 8 hours!